CHP Investigating Sun Valley Accident on 170 Freeway at Roscoe Boulevard
Sun Valley, California (August 31, 2021) – The California Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of a multi-vehicle collision that occurred Tuesday morning in Sun Valley.
The crash involving eight to ten vehicles happened on the northbound Hollywood (170) Freeway near Rosco Boulevard at about 5:30 a.m.
According to the report, a white Nissan SUV initiated the chain-reaction collision and continued to Branford Street and Arleta Avenue, where it crashed with other automobiles.
Due to the impact, two pickup trucks rolled over, and one person was pinned in one of them.
A white Honda CRV was also found facing the wrong way, partially blocking the slow lanes.
Sun Valley Car Accident
All involved parties were attended to by medical personnel who responded to the scene shortly after the accident.
Officials requested tow trucks to remove several of the wrecked vehicles away from the scene.
The crash resulted in the freeway’s northbound lanes between Roscoe Boulevard and Sheldon Street for an unknown time.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.