Deputy Injured in Modesto Collision on Crows Landing Road near Hatch Road
Modesto, California (September 6, 2021) – A Stanislaus County Sheriff’s deputy was injured Thursday night in an alleged DUI crash in south Modesto, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The collision happened just before 7:00 p.m. Thursday, September 2, on Crows Landing Road, approximately a quarter-mile south of the Hatch Road intersection.
CHP said the officer was heading northbound on Crows Landing responding to a call when a blue Ford SUV abruptly turned left in front of him.
The officer did not have enough time to stop and collided with the SUV.
The deputy, whose name was not immediately disclosed, sustained minor injuries in the crash.
Authorities determined that the SUV driver was driving under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident. The driver was eventually arrested on suspicion of DUI.
Further details about the crash were not immediately provided.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.