Rider Sustains Severe Injuries in Santa Clara Motorcycle Crash on Highway 101 near San Tomas Expy On-Ramp
Santa Clara, California (September 2, 2021) – The California Highway Patrol is investigating a major injury Santa Clara motorcycle crash that happened Wednesday afternoon on Highway 101.
The incident was reported at about 2:22 p.m. in the southbound lanes, just north of the San Tomas Expy on-ramp.
The collision involved a red Saturn and a fully-dressed motorcycle.
The vehicles were blocking the Nos. 1 and 2 lanes, and the rider was in the No. 2 lane, conscious and moving.
The report said the rider suffered major injuries in the accident. An ambulance was sent to the scene to provide medical aid to the victim and take them to the hospital.
No other information about the accident was available.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.