At Least 1 Hospitalized after San Luis Obispo Crash at Foothill Boulevard and Tassajara Drive
San Luis Obispo, California (September 8, 2021) – At least one person was hospitalized following an alleged DUI traffic crash that occurred at an intersection in San Luis Obispo Sunday night.
The two-vehicle collision took place in the area of Foothill Boulevard and Tassajara Drive at around 11:30 pm. on September 5.
A vehicle driven by 24-year-old Kevin Matul-Muralles westbound on Foothill towards Tassajara Drive, at a high rate of speed, reportedly passed a car that stopped for the red light at Tassajara before clipping the front end of another automobile at the intersection.
Due to the impact, Kevin’s vehicle crashed into a PG&E power pole before striking several more parked cars in the front yard of a residence.
Kevin Matul-Muralles Arrested After San Luis Obispo Crash
Matul-Muralles’s passenger sustained minor injuries and was rushed to an area hospital for medication.
Kevin attempted to flee the scene, but neighborhood residents stopped him until the police came.
Matul-Muralles, who was possibly intoxicated at the collision time, was arrested for Felony DUI and a warrant for violating his probation from a DUI conviction he is currently serving.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.