San Diego Accident on Interstate 5 at State Route 56 Injures 1
San Diego, California (August 5, 2021) – The California Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of a traffic collision that occurred in San Diego Wednesday morning.
A white Nissan Sentra and a Toyota Corolla reportedly collided at approximately 11:15 a.m. on Interstate 5 at the State Route 56 transition.
It was not immediately established how the crash occurred on the southbound of the interstate.
1 Hospitalized after San Diego Crash
One person sustained minor injuries and was attended to by paramedics who responded to the scene shortly after 11:15 a.m. The unidentified patient was then taken to the Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center for further medical aid.
The crash resulted in the closure of the No. 1 lane of southbound Interstate 5 at State Route 56.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.