At Least 1 Sustains Major Injuries in Salinas Motorcycle Crash on Highway 68 at San Benancio Road
Salinas, California (September 6, 2021) – At least one person suffered major injuries in a multi-vehicle accident involving a motorcycle Sunday afternoon in Salinas, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The four-vehicle crash transpired at about 3:45 p.m. on westbound Highway 68 at San Benancio Road.
A Harley-Davidson motorcycle and three cars were involved in the pileup.
The rider was down in the roadway after the accident.
At least one person suffered major injuries. An ambulance was dispatched to the scene to offer medical aid and transport the victim to the hospital.
The cause and manner of the pileup were not mentioned, but CHP is investigating.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.