Man Killed, 4 Injured in Rohnert Park Crash on Highway 101 near Rohnert Park Expressway Off-Ramp
Rohnert Park, California (August 8, 2021) – A driver was struck and killed by two vehicles after he exited his car on a highway in Rohnert Park early Sunday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The deadly crash occurred at about 4:00 a.m. on the northbound side of Highway 101, just north of the Rohnert Park Expressway exit.
CHP said a Nissan was stopped in the middle lane, and the driver was standing near it. A Ford F-250 heading northbound crashed into the back of the Nissan, which then struck the man standing in the roadway.
Another pickup, a Ford F-150, then hit the man.
Driver Killed in Crash on Highway 101 in Rohnert Park
The man died at the scene. His name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
The driver of the Ford F-250 and his three passengers were transported to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital with minor injuries, while the driver of the Ford F-150 did not suffer any injuries.
Further details regarding the accident were not immediately available.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the collision is asked to call the Santa Rosa CHP office at 707-588-1400.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.