Robert Fetzer and Taylor Travis Among 3 Injured in Lake County Collision on Highway 20 near Blue Lakes Road
Lake County, California (August 4, 2021) – Robert Fetzer, 18, of Redwood Valley, and Taylor Travis, 19, of Ukiah, were among three people who were injured in a traffic crash that also left one other person dead Saturday afternoon in Lake County.
The deadly crash happened at around 2:50 p.m. Saturday, July 31, on Highway 20, just west of Blue Lakes Road, the California Highway Patrol reported.
According to the CHP, a 1997 Mazda Protege sedan was traveling eastbound on Highway 20 when the driver allowed the vehicle to cross over solid double yellow lines into the opposite lane, where it collided head-on with a westbound 2001 Volkswagen Jetta driven by Fetzer.
The two vehicles became disabled in the westbound lane of the highway.
Fetzer and his passenger, Travis, sustained minor injuries in the crash.
The female driver of the Mazda sedan was trapped in the wreckage and was extricated by emergency responders. Sadly, she was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in the Mazda sedan sustained major injuries.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the collision.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.