At Least 1 Sustains Major Injuries in Rio Oso Crash on Highway 70 near Kempton Road
Rio Oso, California (August 3, 2021) – At least one person was seriously injured in a Tuesday morning Rio Oso crash that happened on Highway 70, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The incident occurred at around 5:38 a.m. in the northbound lanes of the highway at Kempton Road.
According to the CHP report, a Ford pickup truck collided with a small vehicle for unknown reasons.
An involved party in the pickup said the incident was a t-bone collision.
At least one person suffered serious injuries in the accident. An ambulance was dispatched to the scene to take the victim to the hospital.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
The northbound lanes of the highway remained closed for an unknown period following the accident.
CHP officers are investigating to determine the cause of the collision.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.