Pedestrian Hospitalized after Redding Accident on Interstate 5 at Cypress Avenue
Redding, California (September 5, 2021) – A man was hospitalized after being involved in a traffic collision Saturday evening in Redding, the California Highway Patrol said.
The major injury crash took place on Interstate 5 (Cascade Wonderland Highway) near Cypress Avenue at approximately 8:28 p.m. September 4
As per the report, the male party was hit by a vehicle on the southbound side of the interstate for undetermined reasons.
Additionally, emergency crews responded at the crash site and found a vehicle engulfed in flames.
Major Injury Interstate 5 Collision
The unidentified pedestrian sustained major injuries following the crash. He was rushed to a local hospital by paramedics for medication.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Were you or your loved one involved in a pedestrian accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.