Rancho Peñasquitos Accident on Carmel Mountain Road Near Freeport Road Kills Pedestrian
Rancho Peñasquitos, California (September 6, 2021) – A 50-year-old man died following a pedestrian accident that occurred Saturday evening in Rancho Peñasquitos, San Diego, the San Diego Police Department said.
The deadly collision was reported just before 10:00 p.m. on Carmel Mountain Road near Freeport Road.
A 2017 Hyundai Elantra reportedly hit a pedestrian while crossing the roadway outside a crosswalk on September 4 under unclear circumstances.
Fatal Rancho Peñasquitos Accident
The man, whose identity was not immediately established, was pronounced deceased at the scene.
More details about this crash will be released after the San Diego police complete the investigation. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 888-580-8477.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.