13-Year-Old Boy Injured in Pleasanton Bike Crash at Santa Rita Road and Rosewood Drive
Pleasanton, California (September 1, 2021) – A teenage bicycle rider sustained major injuries in a collision with a vehicle in Pleasanton on Tuesday evening, according to police.
The crash was reported at around 6:37 p.m. August 31, at Santa Rita Road and Rosewood Drive.
A 13-year-old boy was reportedly riding a bicycle northbound on Santa Rita Road when he was struck by a vehicle that was making a turn from Rosewood Drive onto southbound Santa Rita.
Rider Critically Injured in Pleasanton Bicycle Crash
The victim was transported to a hospital with critical injuries and was in stable condition.
The involved driver stayed at the scene and cooperated with the authorities.
Police said alcohol is not suspected to be a factor in the incident.
The crash is under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.