Pickup Truck Driver Killed in Fiery Phelan Collision on Highway 138 near Rastall Road
Phelan, California (August 2, 2021) – A pickup truck driver was killed in a fiery traffic collision early Sunday morning south of Phelan, according to a local news source.
The tragic wreck took place on Highway 138 near Rastall Road and north of the Cajon Pass on Sunday, August 1.
As per the report, a pickup truck collided with a big rig for unknown reasons on Highway 138.
After the collision, the semi-truck flipped onto the highway and then burst into flames. The pickup also caught fire while the driver was still inside.
Deadly Car Crash on Highway 138 in Phelan
Sadly, the driver of the pickup was pronounced dead at the scene. The name of the victim has not been disclosed pending notification of the family.
The big rig driver reportedly exited his vehicle and began strolling around the highway. It was not immediately clear if he was hurt in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.