Patrick Turner Suffers Major Injuries in Lake County Collision on Highway 20 near Blue Lakes Road
Lake County, California (August 4, 2021) – Patrick Turner, 34, of Ukiah, was seriously injured after being involved in a deadly head-on collision in Lake County Saturday afternoon, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash happened at around 2:50 p.m. Saturday, July 31, on Highway 20, just west of Blue Lakes Road.
The CHP said a 1997 Mazda Protege sedan was heading eastbound on Highway 20 approaching a 2001 Volkswagen Jetta that was heading westbound.
For unknown reasons, the Mazda sedan crossed over the solid double yellow lines and collided head-on with the Volkswagen.
Following the collision, the two vehicles became disabled in the westbound lane of the highway.
The driver of the Mazda, Brittany Marie Turner, 31, of Ukiah, was trapped in the wreckage and had to be extricated by firefighters. Sadly, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Patrick Turner, who was riding as a passenger in the Mazda sedan, sustained major injuries in the crash. The driver of the Volkswagen and his passenger had minor injuries.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the collision.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.