Man Killed in Pasadena Pedestrian Accident on Foothill (210) Freeway at Lake Avenue Gold Line Station
Pasadena, California (August 2, 2021) – A pedestrian was killed after being struck by a vehicle and then a train Sunday night in Pasadena, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The fatal pedestrian accident happened at around 9:05 p.m. Sunday, August 1, on the Foothill (210) Freeway at the Lake Avenue Gold Line station.
The CHP said the man was walking along the eastbound side of the freeway when he was hit by a vehicle. The impact sent him onto railroad tracks, where he was hit by a train.
Pedestrian Killed in Pasadena Crash
The man, whose name has not been disclosed pending notification of family, was declared dead at the scene.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene.
The accident led to the closure of the carpool and two other lanes of the freeway as investigators examined the scene.
More information about the accident was not provided.
The CHP is investigating the accident.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.