Oakland Accident on Interstate 880 near 23rd Avenue Seriously Injures 1
Oakland, California (August 31, 2021) – One person was hospitalized with serious injuries after being involved in a two-vehicle collision in Oakland Monday night.
The major injury crash took place on Interstate 880, just south of 23rd Avenue, at approximately 7:23 p.m.
The California Highway Patrol did not immediately establish how a silver Hyundai Elantra and a white BMW 528I crashed on the northbound side of the freeway.
Major Injury Oakland Accident
One person sustained major injuries following the accident. The unidentified victim was attended to by paramedics before being rushed to an area hospital for medication.
Authorities closed down the northbound lanes of Interstate 880 near 23rd Avenue as they investigated and cleared the scene.
The accident remains under an active investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.