Motorcyclist Hospitalized after North Highlands Accident at Elkhorn Boulevard and 30th Street
North Highlands, California (September 6, 2021) – A North Highlands accident involving a motorcycle Sunday morning resulted in serious injuries, the California Highway Patrol said.
The major injury crash took place in the area of Elkhorn Boulevard and 30th Street at approximately 10:09 a.m.
The accident began when a brown Cadillac SRX made an illegal turn on the highway for unknown reasons.
The Cadillac SRX reportedly collided with a motorcycle at the intersection in the process.
Major Injury North Highlands Accident
As per the report, the unidentified rider sustained major injuries in the crash and was taken to a local hospital for medication.
Details regarding the involved motorist were not immediately established at the report time.
Authorities said the crash resulted in the closure of the intersection for an unknown time.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.