1 Hospitalized with Severe Injuries in Nipton Motorcycle Crash on Interstate 15
Nipton, California (September 1, 2021) – A motorcyclist was severely injured after colliding with a semi-truck Tuesday afternoon in Nipton, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The collision took place at around 5:07 p.m. on northbound Interstate 15, near Halloran Springs Road.
A motorcycle crashed into the back of a semi-truck under unclear circumstances.
Firefighters and paramedics responded to the scene to help the rider.
The motorcyclist sustained a broken left arm, a broken collarbone, and lacerations to the head and face. The patient was transported to University Medical Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, for treatment by San Bernardino County firefighters.
CHP is investigating to establish the cause of the collision.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.