At Least 1 Suffers Serious Injuries in Morgan Hill Crash on Highway 101 at East Dunne Avenue
Morgan Hill, California (September 5, 2021) – At least one person sustained severe injuries after a multi-vehicle collision that took place Sunday morning on Highway 101 in Morgan Hill, the California Highway Patrol said.
The rollover pileup occurred at about 10:34 a.m. in the northbound lanes under the East Dunne Avenue overpass.
Three vehicles, including a Nissan Rogue and a red sedan that overturned onto its roof, blocking the Nos. 1 and 2 lanes, were involved in the accident.
Morgan Hill Police Department, firefighters and AMR responded to the scene after receiving reports about the crash.
Authorities said major injuries were sustained in the accident. One person was severely bleeding to the arm. A tourniquet was applied to stop excessive blood loss.
CHP is investigating to establish the cause of the collision.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.