Meriem Amimi ID’d as Sparks Woman Killed in Fiery El Dorado County Collision on Highway 50 near Twin Bridges
El Dorado County, California (August 1, 2021) – Meriem Amimi, of Sparks, has been identified as the woman who was killed in a multi-vehicle accident that left five other people injured on Thursday evening in El Dorado County, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The tragic accident happened at around 5:22 p.m. Thursday, July 22, on U.S. Highway 50, just east of Twin Bridges and west of south of Lake Tahoe.
According to the CHP, Amimi was driving erratically westbound on Highway 50 at a high rate of speed when she lost control of her 2006 Saturn, which veered into the opposite lane and collided with an eastbound 2015 Chevrolet.
The force of the impact split the Saturn in half. One piece of the Saturn carrying Amimi then collided with a 2013 Toyota that was heading eastbound.
As a result of the collision, the Chevrolet burst into flames but was extinguished by bystanders.
Meriem Amimi Killed in Highway 50 Crash
Sadly, Amimi was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver and four passengers of the Chevrolet sustained major injuries and were transported to area hospitals. A family member took the driver of the Toyota for treatment.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the collision.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.