One Hospitalized after Mendocino County Crash on Highway 101
Mendocino County, California (August 5, 2021) – One person was transported to hospital after a collision involving a big rig near Laytonville on Thursday afternoon, according to the California Highway patrol.
The incident took place at about 2:50 p.m. on Highway 101.
CHP said a small car and a big rig collided in the area.
Nearly forty gallons of diesel and four gallons of oil were spilled onto the roadway.
1 Injured in Mendocino County Crash on Highway 101
One person was transported to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital with unspecified injuries.
No further details were released.
The accident is under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.