Motorcyclist Hospitalized after Maricopa Accident on Maricopa Highway
Maricopa, California (August 2, 2021) – A motorcyclist was airlifted with serious injuries after being involved in a Maricopa accident Saturday afternoon.
The major injury motorcycle crash happened on Interstate 33 (Maricopa Highway) just about 1:30 p.m.
As per the California Highway Patrol report, a vehicle reportedly crashed with a motorcycle on the northbound side of the interstate for undetermined reasons.
Due to the impact, the rider was ejected on the right-hand shoulder of the roadway.
Major Injury Maricopa Accident
The motorcyclist sustained major injuries and was flown to Ventura County Medical Center for medication.
Limited details about this accident were released at the time of the report.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.