Man Killed in Oakland Car Crash on Interstate 80 near Bay Bridge
Oakland, California (September 6, 2021) – A man was killed after an alleged drunken driver drove the wrong way in the MacArthur Maze in Oakland early Monday morning, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The deadly crash was reported at around 1:12 a.m. on Interstate 80, just east of Bay Bridge.
According to the CHP, the suspect was traveling westbound in the eastbound lanes on Interstate 80 when their car collided with another car.
Deadly Car Crash on Interstate 80 in Oakland
One person died in the crash. The name of the victim has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
The suspect fled the scene on foot but was later located in nearby bush. Authorities believed the suspect may have been driving under the influence.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.