Los Banos Woman Killed, 2 Injured in Santa Clara County Collision on State Route 152 near Lovers Lane
Santa Clara County, California (August 2, 2021) – A head-on collision has claimed the life of a 60-years-old Los Banos woman and left two others injured Saturday morning near San Felipe in Santa Clara County, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The fatal car crash took place on State Route 152, just west of Lovers Lane, on Saturday, July 31, the CHP reported.
According to the CHP, a Chrysler 200 was heading eastbound on State Route 152 when, for unknown reasons, the driver swerved to the left and crossed over the double lines into the westbound lanes, where it collided with a Honda Fit.
Deadly Car Crash on State Route 152 in Santa Clara County
The 60-year-old Los Banos woman who was a passenger in the Honda died in the crash. Her name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
Both drivers had minor injuries in the accident.
All occupants were wearing seatbelts at the time of the accident. Authorities said neither alcohol nor drugs were suspected factors in the crash.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing. Anyone with information or who witnessed the crash is asked to call the Hollister-Gilroy CHP area office at 408-848-2324.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.