1 Seriously Injured in Laytonville Crash on U.S. Route 101 (Redwood Highway)
Laytonville, California (September 1, 2021) – One person was seriously injured Tuesday afternoon in a traffic collision involving two vehicles in Laytonville, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The two-vehicle crash happened just after 2:20 p.m. Tuesday, August 31, on U.S. Route 101, also known as Redwood Highway.
The CHP said a black Dodge Charger collided with a big rig for undetermined reasons in the northbound lane of the highway.
The semi-truck flipped onto its side after the impact.
Truck Accident on U.S. Route 101 in Laytonville
Medical personnel responded to the scene and rendered aid to one person in the Dodge who sustained major injuries as a result of the crash. The name of the victim and their current condition were not disclosed.
Further details regarding the collision were not immediately provided.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.