Larry Pearson and Avtar Thiara Hospitalized after Keyes Collision on Mountain View Road and Keyes Road
Keyes, California (August 2, 2021) – Larry Pearson of Atwater and Avtar Thiara, 58, were injured after being involved in a deadly car crash last week on Friday east of Keyes, the California Highway Patrol said.
At around 6:22 a.m. Friday, July 30, the CHP officers responded to the area of Mountain View Road and Keyes Road to investigate the report of a traffic collision between a sedan and a big rig.
According to the CHP, a 56-year-old Turlock woman was driving a 2009 Toyota sedan southbound on Mountain View Road when she entered the intersection with Keyes Road and collided with a big rig driven by Pearson.
The impact of the collision pushed the Toyota off the roadway while the big rig overturned and hit an almond tree.
Woman Killed, 2 Injured in Keyes Car Crash on Mountain View Road
The driver of the Toyota was killed in the accident.
Pearson sustained moderate injuries in the accident and was transported to Emanuel Medical Center in Turlock.
Thiara, who was a passenger in the Toyota, was transported to Doctors Medical Center for treatment of minor injuries.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.