Los Angeles Police Department Officer, Civilian Hospitalized after South Los Angeles Car Crash on Slauson Avenue at South Van Ness Avenue
South Los Angeles, California (September 6, 2021) – A Los Angeles Police Department officer and a civilian were injured after a police pursuit ended in a traffic collision Monday afternoon in South Los Angeles, authorities said.
The incident began at around 4:30 p.m. when the authorities were chasing a vehicle that was reported stolen in the area of Coliseum Street and West Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
When the pursuit approached the intersection of Slauson Avenue and South Van Ness Avenue, the patrol vehicle collided with a civilian car.
Police cancelled the pursuit just after the crash due to the suspect’s dangerous driving.
Car Crash on Slauson Avenue in South Los Angeles
The officer and the civilian sustained minor injuries and were taken to a local hospital. The names of the victims and their conditions were not immediately disclosed.
Further details about the crash were not immediately provided.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.