Jeanette Ward Killed in Fresno Pedestrian Accident on Highway 99 Near West Clinton Avenue
Fresno, California (August 2, 2021) – 31-year-old Jeanette Ward, of Fresno, has been identified as the woman who was struck and killed by a vehicle Saturday morning in Fresno, a local news source said.
The fatal pedestrian accident took place on Highway 99 near Clinton Avenue just about 1:30 a.m.
Ward was running across the busy northbound lanes of the highway when she was hit by a vehicle operated by an alleged drunk party.
Jeanette Ward Fatal Fresno Accident
Despite life-saving measures, Jeanette Ward was declared dead at the scene.
The involved operator, who stopped and cooperated with the investigation, was determined to have been intoxicated at the collision time.
The suspect was later arrested and booked on DUI charges.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.