Hugh Williams ID’d as Man Killed in Spring Valley Crash on Jamacha Boulevard near San Diego Street
Spring Valley, California (September 1, 2021) – The San Diego Medical Examiner’s Bureau has identified the man who died Monday night following a head-on collision in Spring Valley as Hugh Bernard Williams, 53, of Vista.
The deadly crash occurred at about 9:30 p.m. Monday, August 30, on Jamacha Boulevard, just east of San Diego Street.
The California Highway Patrol said Williams was driving a 2010 Nissan Versa westbound on Jamacha Boulevard when, for unknown reasons, he allowed the vehicle to drift into the opposite lane, where it collided head-on with an eastbound Toyota Corolla, driven by a 63-year-old San Diego man.
The impact caused the Toyota to spin out of control and struck a 1994 Honda Accord parked along 9855 Jamacha Boulevard.
Deadly Head-On Crash on Jamacha Boulevard in Spring Valley
Williams was ejected onto the roadway and died at the scene.
The Toyota driver sustained major injuries and was taken to Scripps Mercy Hospital.
It is undetermined whether alcohol or drugs were a factor in the crash. The collision prompted the authorities to temporarily close Jamacha Boulevard near San Diego Street for an unknown duration as the investigation took place.
Further details about the crash were not immediately provided.
The collision remains under investigation by the CHP.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.