Hayward Man, Oroville Woman Killed in Los Molinos Collision on State Route 99E near Butler Street
Los Molinos, California (August 22, 2021) – A multi-vehicle crash has claimed the life of two people north of Los Molinos Sunday morning, the California Highway Patrol said.
The deadly collision happened at about 7:35 a.m. on State Route 99E, just north of Butler Street.
According to the CHP, a 59-year-old Hayward man was driving a 2009 Ford Focus northbound on State Route 99E when, for unknown reasons, it veered into the opposite lane and collided with a 2019 Isuzu that was heading southbound, driven by Nicholas Hall, 39, of Anderson.
The Ford continued to travel north within the southbound lane and collided head-on with a 2007 Nissan Sentra driven by a 54-year-old Oroville woman.
Deadly 3-Vehicle Crash on State Route 99E in Los Molinos
The drivers of the Ford and Nissan were declared dead at the scene. The names of the victims have not been disclosed pending notification of their respective families.
Hall and his passenger, Michael Zuhlke, 24, Red Bluff, were uninjured.
No further details about the crash were immediately given.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.