One Seriously Injured in Fresno County Truck Accident at Fresno-Coalinga Road and El Dorado Avenue
Fresno County, California (August 4, 2021) – One person was flown to a hospital after a traffic collision involving a pair of semi-trucks in Fresno County early Wednesday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The major-injury collision occurred just after midnight at the intersection of Fresno-Coalinga Road and El Dorado Avenue, just south of Five Points.
The CHP said the driver of a semi-truck transporting tomatoes reportedly ran a red light at Oakland Avenue and T-boned another semi-truck carrying grapes that had turned at the intersection.
Major Injury Truck Accident in Fresno County
The driver of the tomato truck was pinned inside his cab and was extricated by emergency responders. He was then airlifted to a hospital in Fresno for treatment of major injuries.
The driver of the grape truck did not suffer any injuries.
The collision caused a massive spill at the intersection.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.