Man Killed in Fowler Pedestrian Accident on Highway 99 near Clovis Avenue
Fowler, California (September 6, 2021) – A pedestrian died after being struck by at least one vehicle while walking on the freeway Monday night in Fowler, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The deadly pedestrian accident took place on Highway 99 near Clovis Avenue on Monday, September 6.
CHP said a man believed to be in his 20s was walking northbound on Highway 99 when at least one vehicle hit him.
Deadly Pedestrian Accident on Highway 99 in Fowler
The pedestrian died in the crash. His name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
Further details about the crash were not immediately provided.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.