Pedestrian Hospitalized after Fontana Accident on Slover Avenue near Catawba
Fontana, California (September 2, 2021) – A woman was hospitalized with major injuries after being involved in a traffic collision Monday morning in Fontana, a local news source reported.
The pedestrian accident happened in the 15700 block of Slover Avenue between Catawba and Poplar avenues just after 4:24 a.m. on August 30
Although it was not immediately established how the collision occurred in the morning hours, a red GMC Yukon was located stopping on the side of the road on Slover Avenue, facing west.
Fontana Pedestrian Accident
The pedestrian reportedly sustained major head trauma following the crash. The unidentified patient was attended to by paramedics before being taken to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center for further medication.
There were no other parties injured in the accident.
An investigation into the crash is underway.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you or your loved one were involved in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.