Donald Greco ID’d as Pedestrian Hit and Killed by Vehicle North Sunrise Way near East Vista Chino Drive in Palm Springs
Palm Springs, California (August 4, 2021) – The Riverside County Sheriff-Coroner has identified the pedestrian who died after being struck by a vehicle Wednesday morning in Palm Springs as Donald Greco, 59, of Palm Springs.
The crash happened at about 5:30 a.m. in the 1600 block of Sunrise Way near East Vista Chino Drive.
Authorities said a vehicle struck Greco for an unknown reason on North Sunrise Way.
Man Killed in Palm Springs Pedestrian Crash Identified
Greco was pronounced dead at the scene at around 5:41 a.m.
The driver who struck the pedestrian reportedly remained at the scene and cooperated with the authorities.
The accident is under investigation.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.