Person Killed in Contra Costa County Pedestrian Accident at Discovery Bay Boulevard and Willow Lake Road
Contra Costa County, California (September 6, 2021) – A pedestrian died after being struck by a golf cart late Sunday night in Contra Costa County, according to the California Highway Patrol.
At around 10:35 p.m. Sunday, September 5, the CHP officers responded to the area of Discovery Bay Boulevard and Willow Lake Road to investigate a report of a pedestrian having been hit by a golf cart.
The pedestrian died in the crash. The name of the victim has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
Further details about the crash were not immediately provided.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.