2 Injured in Solana Beach Motorcycle Accident on 5 Freeway near Lomas Santa Fe Drive
Solana Beach, California (September 1, 2021) – A California Highway Patrol officer was injured after being struck by a motorcycle in the Solana Beach area of San Diego on Tuesday evening.
According to the CHP report, the accident happened on Interstate 5 Freeway near Lomas Santa Fe Drive at 4:20 p.m., August 31.
The officer was removing a traffic hazard from the freeway when an approaching motorcycle lost control and crashed into a center divider wall.
The motorcycle then bounced off the wall and struck the officer who was approaching his vehicle.
The 61-year-old rider was ejected from the motorcycle and was hospitalized with major injuries.
The officer sustained minor to moderate injuries and was transported to the hospital for treatment.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.