Catherine Jackson ID’d as Pedestrian Hit and Killed by Vehicle on Broadway near Sweetwater Road in Lemon Grove
Lemon Grove, California (August 4, 2021) – The San Diego Medical Examiner’s Bureau has identified the woman who died after being struck by a vehicle last week on Tuesday night in Lemon Grove as Catherine Demaurvert Jackson, 53, of San Diego.
The fatal crash occurred shortly before 10:40 p.m. Tuesday, July 27, on Broadway, just east of Sweetwater Road, under a bridge that connects State Highways 125 and 94.
Authorities said Jackson was hit by a vehicle that was heading eastbound on Broadway.
Pedestrian Killed Broadway Crash in Lemon Grove Identified
Jackson was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver involved stopped at the scene after hitting Jackson.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation by the San Diego Sheriff.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.