At Least 1 Severely Hurt in Cathedral City Collision on Interstate 10 near Date Palm Drive
Cathedral City, California (August 3, 2021) – A Tuesday morning multi-vehicle collision on Interstate 10 in Cathedral City left at least one person with serious injuries, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The pileup occurred in the westbound lanes of the freeway near Date Palm Drive at around 3:41 a.m.
Three vehicles were involved in the crash that may have happened when a pickup truck stalled in traffic lanes was hit by two other vehicles.
Firefighters and paramedics responded to the scene to help at least one person who was seriously hurt.
The CHP report said that a separate traffic collision involving two cars that resulted in major injuries also happened at the same scene at around the same time.
CHP officers are investigating to determine the factors that may have contributed to the accidents.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.