Carlos Valencia Hospitalized after Porterville Crash on Highway 192 near Avenue 104

Carlos Valencia
Carlos Valencia Injured in Fatal Head-On Collision on Highway 192 in Porterville

Tulare County, California (September 2, 2021) – Carlos Tapia Valencia, 35, of Porterville, was injured after being involved in a deadly traffic accident in Porterville Wednesday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The crash happened shortly before 7 a.m. Wednesday, September 1, on Highway 192, north of Avenue 104.

The CHP said a 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier, driven by a 25-year-old Delano man, was traveling northbound on Road 192 at approximately 55 to 60 miles per hour when, for unknown reasons, it drifted into the path of oncoming traffic and collided head-on with a southbound a 1997 Chevrolet Silverado, driven by Valencia.

2 Killed in Tulare County Accident on Highway 192

The driver of the Cavalier and his passenger, a 78-year-old man, also from Delano, were declared dead at the scene. The names of the deceased victims have not been disclosed pending notification of their respective families.

Valencia sustained minor injuries and was taken to Kaweah Delta Medical Center in Visalia.

CHP said drugs and alcohol were not believed to have played a role in the accident.

The collision is under investigation.

Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California

  • Always stop and remain at the scene.
  • Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
  • Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
  • Call 911 to report the accident.
  • Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
  • Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.

If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at  Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.