1 Killed in Calexico Collision at Willoughby Road and Dogwood Road
Calexico, California (August 3, 2021) – One person was killed Tuesday afternoon in a traffic crash at an intersection in Calexico, according to a report by the California Highway Patrol.
The collision was reported at around 3:36 p.m. at the intersection of Willoughby and Dogwood roads.
As per the CHP report, a white pickup truck and a maroon Jeep Compass collided under unclear circumstances in the area.
Both vehicles then veered off the roadway and crashed into a canal. The Jeep reportedly became submerged with its occupants inside.
Deadly Car Crash in Calexico
First responders arrived at the scene and found one body a half-mile west of the crash site. She was declared dead at the scene. Her name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.