Pedestrian Hospitalized after Magalia Accident on Colter Way
Magalia, California (September 2, 2021) – A Magalia accident involving a pedestrian Wednesday afternoon resulted in serious injuries.
The California Highway Patrol responded to the crash site at approximately 3:44 p.m. on Colter Way near Colter Court in Butte County.
A child was reportedly hit by a brown Honda CR-V on the highway for undetermined reasons.
Major Injury Butte County Pedestrian Crash
The pedestrian sustained major injuries, including a possible broken leg and head injury, following the accident. Paramedics rendered aid to the victim before transporting them to an area hospital for further medical aid.
Officials did not mention whether the Honda motorist remained at the scene and cooperated with the law enforcers.
The investigators handling the case are gathering more evidence to determine the cause of the accident.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you or your loved one were involved in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.