1 Sustains Major Injuries in Brawley Crash on Highway 86 near Austin Road
Brawley, California (August 4, 2021) – One person was airlifted to the hospital after sustaining serious injuries in a Brawley crash Tuesday afternoon, the California Highway Patrol said.
The wreck was reported just after 2:00 p.m. on Highway 86 near Austin Road.
A gray truck and a van were involved in the accident. A party reporting the accident told authorities that the van crossed the center median and hit the pickup truck.
Brawley Police Department said Imperial County Sheriff’s Office deputies were at the scene, and 2 Brawley PD units and firefighters responded to the crash.
Northbound Highway 86 was shut down to allow an air ambulance to respond and airlift one person who sustained serious injuries. REACH air ambulance responded and transported the victim to Desert Regional Medical Center in an unknown condition.
Authorities had not yet determined the cause of the crash, but an investigation is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.