36-Year-Old Bakersfield Woman Killed, 54-Year-Old Sacramento Man Injured in Tulare County Crash on Highway 99 near Avenue 200
Tulare County, California (August 31, 2021) – A Bakersfield woman was killed and a Sacramento man was injured early Sunday morning in a traffic collision in Tulare County, according to a California Highway Patrol report.
The tragic wreck, which involved two vehicles, happened at about 2:00 a.m. Sunday, August 29, on Highway 99, just south of Avenue 200.
As per the CHP report, a Nissan Versa car, driven by the 36-year-old Bakersfield woman, was traveling southbound on Highway 99 in the number two lane when, for undetermined reasons, she rear-ended a 2004 GMC Yukon, driven by the 54-year-old Sacramento man.
Fatal 2-Car Crash on Highway 99 in Tulare County
The driver of the Nissan, whose name has not been disclosed pending family notification, died in the crash.
The GMC driver had minor injuries.
It was not immediately clear whether alcohol or drugs played a role in the crash, which remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.