1 Seriously Injured in Bakersfield Motorcycle Crash at Potomac Avenue and Richmond Street
Bakersfield, California (September 3, 2021) – One person was hospitalized with severe injuries after a Bakersfield motorcycle crash that occurred Friday afternoon at Potomac Avenue and Richmond Street.
The California Highway Patrol said the accident was reported at about 5:12 p.m. involving a motorcycle and a white sedan.
First responders found both vehicles blocking the roadway.
One person who suffered major injuries was taken to Kern Medical by Hall Ambulance. The condition of the patient was not mentioned.
The cause and manner of the accident remained unknown, but CHP is investigating.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.