Alejandro AngelesPacheco ID’d as Man Killed in Paso Robles Head-On Collision on Highway 46 E near Davis Road
Paso Robles, California (August 2, 2021) – Authorities have identified the man who died late Saturday night following an alleged DUI car crash east of Paso Robles as Alejandro AngelesPacheco, 41, of Santa Maria.
The deadly collision happened at around 11:50 p.m. Saturday, July 31, on Highway 46 E, just west of Davis Road near Cholame ‘Y’, the California Highway Patrol reported.
According to the CHP, a 2014 Dodge Ram, driven by Adan Reyes, 34, of Paso Robles, was traveling eastbound on Highway 46 E when, for unknown reasons, the Dodge veered into the westbound lane, where it collided head-on with an oncoming 2005 Chevrolet Silverado driven by AngelesPacheco.
As a result of the collision, the Dodge flipped onto the passenger side while the Chevrolet went off the roadway.
Deadly Head-On Crash near Cholame ‘Y’
AngelesPacheco died at the scene.
Authorities later determined that Reyes was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident. He was ultimately arrested and booked into the San Luis Obispo County Jail on suspicion of DUI.
Highway 46 E was shut down for multiple hours while the investigation took place.
No further details were immediately provided.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.