Our El Cajon Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
El Cajon is a city in San Diego County, California, United States, 17 mi (27 km) east of downtown San Diego. The city takes its name from Rancho El Cajón, which was named for the box-like shape of the valley that surrounds the city, and the origin of the city’s common nickname “the Box”. Unfortunately, as home to a growing population of citizens, the city is also home to an ever-increasing number of auto accidents. According to some sources, over 15,000 car accidents occur a year within and around the surrounding El Cajon area. Many of these auto accidents leave passengers and drivers injured and unable to pay bills and medical expenses. If you or someone you know has been involved in an auto accident in the area, one of the first phone calls you should make is to an experienced El Cajon car accident lawyer.
The Pacific Attorney Group is home to a number of attorneys and boasts over 40 years of collective experience in personal injury accidents. With that in mind, a free consultation with an El Cajon car accident attorney at Pacific Attorney Group is only a phone call away.
Who Can File an Auto Accident Claim in California?
In California, various individuals and parties can file a lawsuit for a car accident claim. The eligibility to file a suit depends on the circumstances of the accident and the injuries sustained. Here are some key points about who can file a car accident claim in California:
- Injured Drivers and Passengers: Any individual who was injured as a driver or passenger in a car accident caused by another party’s negligence can file a claim for compensation. This includes individuals who were driving their own vehicles or were passengers in other vehicles involved in the accident.
- Pedestrians: Pedestrians who are injured in a car accident caused by a negligent driver can also file a claim for compensation. This applies to individuals who were walking or otherwise legally crossing the road at the time of the accident.
- Bicyclists: Bicyclists who are involved in car accidents caused by negligent drivers can file a claim for compensation for their injuries and damages.
- Motorcyclists: Motorcyclists who are injured in accidents caused by the negligence of other drivers can also pursue a claim for compensation. Motorcyclists are often more vulnerable to serious injuries in accidents.
- Relatives of Deceased Victims: In cases where a car accident results in a fatality, certain family members or relatives of the deceased victim may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. This claim seeks compensation for the losses suffered due to the death of their loved one.
- Legal Guardians of Minors: If a minor child is injured in a car accident, their legal guardian can file a claim on their behalf. This ensures that the child’s rights are protected and that they receive compensation for their injuries.
- Heirs and Beneficiaries: In wrongful death cases, the heirs and beneficiaries of the deceased individual may be eligible to file a claim to seek compensation for the financial and emotional losses resulting from the death.
It’s important to note that California follows a fault-based system for car accidents. This means that the at-fault driver’s insurance is generally responsible for compensating the victims for their injuries and damages. Additionally, California applies pure comparative negligence rules, allowing individuals to file claims even if they share a portion of the blame for the accident. However, any compensation awarded is reduced based on the percentage of fault attributed to the claimant.
Primary Causes Of Auto Accidents
You are more likely to get into a car accident than win the lottery. For many of us, it is not a question of “if” but “when” our next accident will happen. When will you get into a car accident? The truth is that you could get into a car accident on any day, at any time, and in any type of vehicle. Auto accidents happen for a number of reasons. Some of the more common reasons are listed below.
- Drowsy driver accident
- Drunk driving accident
- High-speed collision accident
- Highway or freeway accident
- Improper lane change accident
- Pedestrian collision
- Rear end collisions
- Side impact collision
Common Types of Accident-Related Injuries
Automobile accidents are expensive, and their accumulated costs reach deep into the pockets of the American economy each year. From the loss of wages to medical expenses, accidents are costly ordeals that burden the lives of thousands each year. An experienced El Cajon car accident lawyer will be able to help relieve some of the burden caused by these common types of accident-related injuries. This relief can be essential at a time when you are already struggling to get the help that you need and recover from the emotional and physical injuries that you have sustained.
- Back Injury
- Broken Bones
- Internal Injuries
- Neck Injury
- Spine Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Call El Cajon Car Accident Lawyer Today
The experienced team of attorneys at Pacific Attorney Group will charge no fees unless you win. Our free case evaluations are convenient and easy. In fact, call us and an experienced El Cajon car accident lawyer will come to you. For accident injury claims, trust the experts. We stand by our experience and our proven results. After all, we only get paid if you get paid. Call an El Cajon car accident attorney toll-free at 1-800-358-9617 for a free consultation.