At Least 1 Suffers Serious Injuries in El Cajon Motorcycle Accident on 8 Freeway near Los Coches Road
El Cajon, California (September 6, 2021) – At least one person suffered major injuries in a motorcycle accident that happened Sunday evening in El Cajon, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The collision was reported at about 7:36 p.m. on eastbound 8 Freeway near Los Coches Road.
A motorcycle collided with a pickup truck under unclear circumstances.
The pickup truck possibly rolled over in the collision.
Firefighters and paramedics responded to the scene to help at least one person who sustained severe injuries.
All eastbound lanes of the freeway remained closed following the wreck until at around 9:52 p.m., when they were reopened.
CHP is investigating to determine the cause of the accident.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice.Click to call : 866-803-6502 .