Los Angeles Burn Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Victims who have been injured in fires and explosions may have the right to take legal action against whatever individual or company may have been responsible for the incident and therefore their injuries. At Pacific Attorney Group, our Los Angeles burn injury lawyer is dedicated to helping burn injury victims recover and rebuild their lives with the proper treatment. We know that burn injuries are often the most painful of all injuries and may result in extensive scarring or disfigurement. That is why we are completely dedicated to helping our clients reach the results they deserve.
Although this will depend on the unique incident, a person’s negligence or recklessness may cause a fire or explosion to occur. Improper implementation of safety regulations, defective products, defective safety equipment, insufficient employee training, and even intentional misconduct may all lead to these types of burn injuries. If you believe that your or a loved one’s burn injuries were caused by negligence or intentional wrongdoing, please do not hesitate to call our firm to talk to a Los Angeles burn injury attorney about your concerns. We can review your case to determine your legal rights and what we can do to assist you in reaching the best possible outcome for your particular matter.
Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are classified according to the severity and type of burn. The type of burn may vary depending on what substance caused the injury, such as a toxic chemical, fire, hot water, explosion, etc. The severity of a burn will vary depending on how many layers of tissue it affects, as well as how much of the body is affected.
A burn injury will typically be categorized as follows:
- First Degree: Typically only affecting the top layer of skin, a first-degree burn will result in redness and pain at the site of the injury. Sunburns, for example, are often first-degree burns. These will typically heal on their own. These are superficial burns that affect only the outer layer of the skin, known as the epidermis. Symptoms include redness, mild pain, and swelling. First-degree burns usually heal within a week without scarring and can be treated at home.
- Second Degree: A second-degree burn will affect the outer layer and the underlying layer of the skin (the epidermis and dermis) and will cause redness, pain, swelling and blisters. Without proper treatment, a second-degree burn may result in scarring or may escalate to a third-degree burn. These burns involve the epidermis and the dermis, the deeper layer of the skin. They can be further classified into two subtypes: (1) Superficial second-degree burns (partial-thickness): These burns affect the upper layers of the dermis and are characterized by blistering, severe pain, redness, and swelling. (2) Deep second-degree burns (deep partial-thickness): These burns extend deeper into the dermis and may appear white or waxy. They can be more painful and may take longer to heal.
- Third Degree: Third-degree burns affect three layers of the skin, the epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis. This causes extensive tissue damage and may result in numbness at the site of the burn, where nerve damage may occur. These burns are the most severe and involve all layers of the skin, potentially extending into the underlying tissues. The burned area may appear charred, dry, leathery, or white. Third-degree burns are typically painless due to nerve damage. Healing from a third-degree burn is a very slow and painful process, and the victim will most likely suffer from extensive scarring.
Burn injuries, especially second and third-degree burns, can be serious medical emergencies requiring professional medical attention. If you or someone else sustains a burn, it’s best to seek medical advice to ensure appropriate treatment and care. A Los Angeles burn injury lawyer at our law firm may be able to help you in bringing a personal injury lawsuit against the person that caused your injuries.
We will often work with experts in medicine, accident reconstruction, forensics, and other fields in order to build a compelling case on your behalf. Built upon a foundation of hard evidence and legal knowledge, your burn injury lawyer in Los Angeles can fight to receive the highest amount of financial compensation possible.
The treatment for a burn injury will vary depending on the severity of the burn, what caused it, and what part, and how much of the body it covers. In addition to treating the burns themselves, medical professionals will also need to check for smoke inhalation and any injury to the lungs as a result. For severe burns, the victim will need to be transferred to a special burn unit equipped to handle these injuries. After ensuring that the burning has stopped (especially for chemical burns), pain management and working to prevent infection will be the first issues doctors and nurses will address.
Depending on the extent, type of burn, and how much damage the different layers of tissue sustain, a victim may be able to fully recover. Recovery may include two separate issues: repairing the damage itself and protecting the victim from infection or further damage, and then restoring the damaged tissue as aesthetically as possible. Plastic surgery, skin grafting, and physical therapy can all help a victim rebuild and recover.
How Can Los Angeles Burn Injury Lawyer Help You?
Burn injuries in auto accidents can occur in Los Angeles, as in any other location. Auto accidents can result in burns due to various factors, such as vehicle fires, explosions, contact with hot surfaces or fluids, or exposure to chemicals. Burn injuries in auto accidents can range from minor to severe, depending on the circumstances of the accident and the extent of the burns.
When an auto accident involving burn injuries occurs in Los Angeles, the following steps are typically taken:
- Emergency Response: Emergency services, such as paramedics or firefighters, are usually dispatched to the accident scene. They assess the situation, provide immediate medical care, and ensure the safety of all individuals involved.
- Medical Evaluation and Treatment: Burn victims are typically transported to the nearest hospital or burn center for further evaluation and treatment. In Los Angeles, there are specialized burn centers equipped to handle severe burn injuries, such as the Grossman Burn Center at West Hills Hospital or the Burn Center at Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center.
- Wound Care and Management: Medical professionals at the hospital or burn center will assess the burn injuries and determine the appropriate treatment plan. This may involve cleaning the burn area, removing any debris, and applying specialized dressings or ointments to promote healing and prevent infection. Pain management measures will also be implemented.
- Surgical Interventions: In cases of severe burns, surgical interventions may be required. This can include procedures such as skin grafting, where healthy skin is transplanted onto the burn site to aid in healing and minimize scarring.
- Rehabilitation: Following initial treatment, burn victims often require ongoing rehabilitation to restore function, mobility, and psychological well-being. This may involve physical therapy, occupational therapy, and counseling services.
- Legal Considerations: If the auto accident was caused by the negligence of another party, the burn victim may choose to pursue legal action to seek compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages. In such cases, it is advisable to consult with a Los Angeles burn injury attorney familiar with auto accident cases in Los Angeles.
It’s important to note that each burn injury case is unique, and the treatment and legal processes can vary based on individual circumstances. If you or someone you know has sustained burn injuries in an auto accident, it is essential to seek immediate medical attention and consult with a Los Angeles burn injury lawyer who can provide appropriate care and legal guidance.
Burn Injury Attorney Serving Los Angeles
A victim may suffer from a burn injury as the result of a motor vehicle accident, defective product, toxic exposure, workplace accident, electrocution, or explosion. These may be caused by negligence, recklessness, disregard for safety regulations, or even intentional wrongdoing. No matter the particular case, an experienced Los Angeles burn injury lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group may be able to help you take legal action against whatever person or entity was responsible for your or a loved one’s injuries. This may go a long way in aiding your road to recovery.