Our Wasco Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Wasco is a city in the San Joaquin Valley, in Kern County, California, United States. The city is located 24 miles northwest of Bakersfield. . Wasco is the headquarters of the Tejon Indian Tribe of California, a federally recognized tribe of Kitanemuk, Yokuts, and Chumash indigenous people of California. If you’ve recently been injured by someone else’s negligence and you live in Wasco, you need to contact the Wasco car accident lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group right away to
Most Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
The most common types of car accident injuries are:
- Head injuries: These can range from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Head injuries are often the most serious type of car accident injury, and they can lead to long-term disabilities or death.
- Neck and back injuries: Whiplash is a common type of neck injury that can occur in rear-end collisions. Other neck and back injuries can include sprains, strains, and fractures. These injuries can be painful and debilitating, and they can take weeks or months to heal.
- Soft tissue injuries: These injuries involve damage to the muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Soft tissue injuries are very common in car accidents, and they can range from mild to severe. Common soft tissue injuries include bruises, sprains, and strains.
- Fractures and broken bones: Fractures and broken bones can occur in any part of the body, but they are most common in the arms, legs, ribs, and pelvis. Fractures and broken bones can be very painful and debilitating, and they often require surgery to repair.
- Internal injuries: Internal injuries can occur when the force of a collision causes organs to bruise, rupture, or bleed. Internal injuries are often serious and can be life-threatening.
- Burns: Burns can occur in car accidents when the vehicle catches fire or when the victim comes into contact with hot fluids or objects. Burns can be very serious and can lead to long-term scarring and disfigurement.
The severity of a car accident injury can vary depending on the speed of the collision, the type of impact, and the position of the victim in the vehicle. Even a low-speed collision can cause serious injuries, especially if the victim is not wearing a seatbelt.
Primary Causes of Car Accidents in Wasco, CA
Car accidents can occur due to various reasons, with some of the most common causes being distracted driving, drunk driving, poor weather conditions, reckless driving, road rage, and vehicle defects.
- Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on the phone while driving, is one of the top causes of car accidents.
- Drunk and drugged driving is another major cause, impairing the driver’s judgment and reaction time.
- Poor weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or fog, can lead to reduced visibility and slippery roads, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Reckless driving and road rage, including speeding, tailgating, and aggressive maneuvers, also contribute to car accidents.
- Additionally, vehicle defects, such as faulty brakes or tire blowouts, can cause accidents.
It is important for drivers to be aware of these common causes and practice safe driving habits to prevent accidents.
Compensatory Damages for Accidental Injuries in California
Compensatory damages for accidental injuries in California are intended to compensate the injured party for the losses and harm they have suffered due to the accident. These damages are designed to “make the injured party whole” by providing financial compensation for various types of losses and expenses incurred as a result of the injury. Compensatory damages can be divided into two main categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
1. Economic Damages
These are tangible, measurable financial losses that result from the accident. Economic damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: This includes costs related to medical treatment, hospitalization, surgery, medication, rehabilitation, and any necessary ongoing medical care.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for income lost due to the injury, including wages that the injured person would have earned if not for the accident.
- Property Damage: Compensation for the repair or replacement of damaged property (e.g., vehicles, personal belongings) as a result of the accident.
- Other Financial Losses: This may encompass additional out-of-pocket expenses incurred as a direct result of the injury, such as transportation costs for medical appointments or modifications to the home to accommodate disabilities.
2. Non-Economic Damages
These are subjective and non-monetary losses that are more challenging to quantify but still have a significant impact on the injured party’s quality of life. Non-economic damages may include:
- Pain and Suffering
- Compensation for physical pain, discomfort, and emotional distress resulting from the injury.
- Emotional Distress
- Compensation for psychological trauma, anxiety, depression, and other emotional hardships caused by the accident.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Compensation for the loss of ability to participate in activities or enjoy life as before the accident.
- Loss of Consortium
- This refers to compensation for the impact of the injury on the injured person’s relationships with their spouse or immediate family members.
It’s important to note that California law places a cap on non-economic damages in medical malpractice cases, which can affect the amount of compensation that can be awarded for pain and suffering in those situations.
The exact amount of compensatory damages awarded will depend on the specific circumstances of the case, the severity of the injuries, the impact on the injured person’s life, and other relevant factors. In California, it’s advisable to consult with a qualified personal injury attorney who can provide guidance and help ensure that you receive fair compensation for your accidental injuries.
Reasons to Get Help from a Wasco Car Accident Lawyer
- A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options: After a car accident, you may be feeling overwhelmed and confused about what to do next. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options, such as whether you have a case, how much compensation you may be entitled to, and how to negotiate with the insurance company.
- A lawyer can handle the insurance company for you: The insurance company for the driver who caused your accident will likely contact you soon after the crash. They may try to lowball you on a settlement offer or deny your claim altogether. A lawyer can handle the insurance company for you and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- A lawyer can represent you in court if necessary: If your case does not settle, it may go to trial. A lawyer can represent you in court and fight for your rights.
- A lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve: After a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. A lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve to help you recover from your accident and get your life back on track.
How Wasco Car Accident Lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group Can Help You?
The Wasco car accident lawyers at Pacific Attorney Group can help you in a number of ways, including:
- Gathering evidence: The lawyers at Pacific Attorney Group will work to gather all of the necessary evidence to support your claim, such as police reports, medical records, and witness statements.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: The lawyers at Pacific Attorney Group will negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf to get you the maximum settlement possible.
- Taking your case to court: If necessary, the lawyers at Pacific Attorney Group will take your case to court to fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Protecting your rights: The lawyers at Pacific Attorney Group will make sure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
- Easing your stress: The lawyers at Pacific Attorney Group will handle all of the legal details of your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
If you have been injured in a car accident, the Wasco car accident lawyers at Pacific Attorney Group can help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact the law firm today for a free consultation.
Injured in An Accident? Call A Wasco Car Accident Lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group Today
If you have been injured in a car accident, then you need an experienced Wasco Car accident lawyer who will help you navigate difficult legal and medical obstacles that you will undoubtedly encounter. Call the Pacific Attorney Group today at 1-800-358-9617 and get connected to an experienced Wasco car accident lawyer who will fight aggressively for you. There is never a fee unless we win your case and your initial consultation is free.