Rider Hurt in San Francisco Crash on Interstate 80 near Treasure Island Road Off-Ramp
San Francisco, California (April 8, 2021) – Authorities are investigating a motorcycle accident that happened Wednesday afternoon in San Francisco.
The California Highway Patrol said the incident transpired at around 2:36 p.m. on eastbound Interstate 80, just west of Treasure Island Road off-ramp.
A motorcyclist collided with at least one car under unclear circumstances.
The rider complained of pain to their right knee. An ambulance was sent to the scene to offer medical aid to the victim. It was not clear if the patient was hospitalized.
The cause of the crash will be determined when authorities conclude their investigation.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.